There will be no class offering on June 7th!
Tuesday, June 6th
9:00am - 12:00pm (PT)
Elimination of Bias and Developing Competency – with Real World Relevance
All California appraisers will need to take this class before they renew their licenses, but there is no reason to delay! The topics are important and timely – and also interesting. You will get up-to-date information from attorney Peter Christensen about what is happening in the courts and in administrative bodies relating to alleged discrimination in appraising from an attorney who is presently handling cases and investigations. You’ll learn key ways to work on eliminating bias and reduce your legal risk. You’ll also learn why “cultural competency” knowledge and skills are truly important for appraisers – you’ll see how a lack of cultural competency has led appraisers into legal quagmires.
3 CE Hours
$75 Members / $90 Non-members
Thursday, June 8th
9:00am - 1:00pm (PT)
Federal and California Laws and Regulations – with Real World Relevance
Taught by Peter Christensen – a California lawyer whose legal work is focused on valuation services, this course takes a fresh approach to BREA’s required course on federal and California laws and regulations. It offers real world situations and examples to illustrate the laws covered in the course – by, for example, discussing emails offered as evidence in a real case to show alleged violations of appraiser independence requirements. This course also covers important laws relevant to appraising that are missed in other courses – such as the Gramm Leach Bliley Act, RESPA prohibitions relating to appraisal fees, and fair housing laws, including California’s newly enacted appraisal protections.
4 CE Hours
$85 Members / $100 Non-members
- The course provider is the California Chapter, ASFMRA in conjunction with Valuation Education LLC (operated by Peter Christensen).
- The instructor for the class is Peter Christensen, Christensen Law.
- The class will be presented live in a Zoom meeting.
- All students must participate by having working video and audio on a computer (this is a requirement for virtual CE presentations). Watching on a phone is not sufficient.
- After you register, you will receive information on how to log into Zoom for the class.
- Plan on joining a class 15 minutes before the actual teaching start time to ensure that you can login to the Zoom meeting.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel before the class begins, please advise the California Chapter via email at email@example.com. There will be a $10.00 administrative cancellation fee. If you run into a technical issue, you will receive a full refund.
Suzie Roget | firstname.lastname@example.org
Katelyn Johnson | email@example.com