Six Recent Appraiser Lawsuits (and The Lessons from Each) discusses the interesting facts and legal issues in six recent lawsuits filed against real estate appraisers and draws the key takeaways from each case. The cases discussed address such matters as:
• The appraiser who allegedly left the faucet running and flooded the property.
• The appraiser accused of making a 15% error in square footage - will the appraiser be liable to the borrower?
• Appraisers being accused of discrimination and violations of the Fair Housing Act - what happens in a HUD investigation?
• The commercial appraisers who reported they performed a complete inspection but missed the flooding in the basement.
• The appraiser sued 6 years after delivery of a report. Will the statute of limitations get the claim dismissed?
• What are the main reasons that appraisers are being sued during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Note: A Zoom Webinar invitation will be sent to all registrants prior to the event. If you have not received your Zoom Registration link 24 hours prior to the event, please contact Vicki Champ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaker: Peter Christensen - Peter's law practice is focused on matters concerning valuation services. He's the author of Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms, published by the Appraisal Institute. He's also published more than 60 articles relating to valuation legal issues. www.valuationlegal.com.
Registration Fee: $60
Cancellation Policy: Full refund given for cancellation by February 8, 2021. After February 8, 2021 a $20 cancellation fee will be charged.
For More Information
Meeting: Vicki Champ | 503-910-5952 | email@example.com
Registration: Deanna Ilk | 303-692-1222 | firstname.lastname@example.org