These Ag Careers listings are not endorsed by the ASFMRA and should be fully investigated. The intent of this information is simply to introduce employers to potential candidates, and visa versa. ASFMRA staff reserves the right to accept, reject, and/or edit all listings that are submitted for placement in the Ag Careers Center section. Placement of Ag Career listings is usually complimentary.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#41515)
Job Title: Review Appraiser
Company: US Forest Service
Position Location: Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Ketchikan, Alaska
Job Description: This position is with the Alaska Region, Deputy Regional Forester, Resources, Recreation, Lands and Minerals staff located at Juneau, Alaska. Duty station may be located in Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau, or Ketchikan, AK, as approved by management at time of the job offer.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#41315)
Job Title: Staff Appraiser
Company: Farm Credit Midsouth
Position Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
ASFMRA Job Listing (#4715)
Job Title: Real Estate Appraiser
Company: Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc.
Position Location: Portland, OR
About the Position
As an Appraiser, you will join MB&G’s rapidly growing valuation services business, providing first-class service to a wide variety of clients including timberland investors, real estate investment trusts, publicly and privately-held corporations, family estates, conservation organizations, public agencies, and others. You will be completing appraisal assignments on forest and other natural resource lands throughout the greater Northwest and elsewhere within the U.S. as well as internationally. In this role, you will perform the following tasks:
- Appraisal of timberland properties ranging in size up to 700,000 acres or more for a wide variety of clients and in diverse geographies.
- Appraisal of conservation easements.
- Appraisal of standing timber, assessment of damages from fires, timber theft, etc.
- Understand and interpret macroeconomic trends and participate in making forecasts.
- Monitor timber and timberland market trends and track sales activity.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain information about timberland transactions.
- Inspect properties and comparable sales.
- Develop discounted cash flow models.
- Conduct 631(a) and 631(b) timber valuations.
- Other duties as necessary.
To excel in the position of Timberland Appraiser at MB&G, you need to be a well-rounded forestland, agricultural, or rural land valuation expert possessing strong project management capabilities, a client service mindset and exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
Skills and Experience
Must hold a current certification in one or more states as a General Real Property Appraiser and have a minimum of one year of experience appraising rural or agricultural properties, forestland, or natural resources in any region of the U.S. or internationally.
- Education and/or background in forest management, forest economics, forest operations, or forest business preferred but not required
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Access
- Excellent appraisal report writing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage for multiple deadlines
- Ability to travel, plan and conduct field work
- Enthusiastic and team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Responsive and client service oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry, natural resources, real estate, or other relevant discipline is preferred
- State Certified Real Property Appraiser including all required prerequisite education
To Apply: Click here http://www.masonbruce.com/careers/join-our-team/ or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#4215)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: America AgCredit
Position Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Since 1916, America AgCredit has been providing financial services the agriculture industry. At American AgCredit, working in farming and ranching isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life. The more you get to know us, the more you’ll begin to understand no one is more dedicated to agriculture and the values of the people who work in this industry than the people at American AgCredit. Come join our growing team where your best will be rewarded with appreciation and opportunities for growth and advancement.
About the Role
The Appraiser is responsible for performing functions required to provide accurate appraisals of the value of real property and, in some cases, personal property of increased and varied complexity, involved in a Farm Credit lending or related transaction. The Appraiser undertakes appraisal assignments of a broadening range of property use-types.
- Conduct the initial subject property inspection.
- Conduct appraisals of real property to determine value using cost, sales comparison, and income approaches. Conduct appraisals
- and/or inspections of personal property.
- Collect sufficient subject property specific and general data that allows the full development of the report from defining the problem through highest and best use.
- Search, confirm, analyze and archive market sales and rent information.
- Determine, analyze and apply the appropriate valuation approaches.
- Report the information developed in the appropriate narrative format.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations by providing ongoing communication, coordination, and timely assistance throughout the appraisal process and during any non-valuation assignment.
- Participate in branch and association representation at community and agricultural meetings and projects.
- Perform other non-valuation functions that may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in agricultural management, agricultural business, business administration, real estate or economics; or equivalent.
- California and / or Nevada Certified General Real Estate Appraiser license preferred. Candidates seeking to pursue their Appraiser license will also be considered.
- At least three years successful experience as an Appraiser, preferred. Entry level position available for candidates will fewer than 3 years’ experience.
- Successful completion of 180 hours of Appraisal Foundation (AQB) qualified educational course work, preferred
- Knowledge of agriculture, agricultural lending, appraisal, and real estate principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to generate highly accurate work and make independent decisions.
- Must be proficient in organizing and prioritizing work to met deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional persuasive and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of PC, including email, word processing and electronic spreadsheet software.
To apply: www.agloan.com/employment
ASFMRA Job Listing (#4115)
Job Title: Collateral Risk Specialist 1921
Company: Farm Credit Mid America
Position Location: Louisville, KY
At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
This position is responsible for:
- Appraisal reviews of complex commercial appraisals from across the U.S.
- Reviewing appraisal staff reports both desk and field reviews
- Appraisals of complex properties
- Providing continuous appraisal training to all appraisal staff
- Collateral evaluation training for all FCMA staff
- Assisting the VP Collateral Risk Management drafting appraisal policies and procedures
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 15%
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Assists the Chief Appraiser in the collateral evaluation function. Develops/implements policies, procedures, standards, forms automated systems and training to accurately and efficiently evaluate collateral in accordance with system standards and direction. 2. Assists the Chief Appraiser in the internal collateral evaluation review programs. Develops and implements an annual review plan to identify collateral evaluation quality and recommendations to procedures and processes for timely and accurate collateral evaluations. 3. Assists the Chief Appraiser to support environmental risk management by developing policies, procedures, training and reporting. Consults with field staff to decide appropriate actions to minimize risk due to environmental conditions. 4. Completes specialty appraisals as requested. 5. Technical knowledge resource to appraisal staff to help solve collateral evaluations issues. 6. Provides assistance to staff to help evaluate large and complex specialized collateral evaluations assignments. 7. Serves as back up to the Chief Appraiser. 8. Represents and communicates the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations. 9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business or related field. Five or more years of successful work-related experience in completing agricultural or rural real estate appraisal assignments. Experience in preparing complex farm and non-farm appraisals and appraisal reviews preferred.
Successful completion of advanced appraisal coursework through a nationally recognized professional appraiser’s organization.
CERTIFICATIONS: Possesses an active Certified General Real Property Appraiser credential and is in good standing in the applicable jurisdiction(s).
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
To apply go to the link below:
ASFMRA Job Listing (#33115)
Job Title: Review Appraiser
Company: Office of the Secretary of the Interior – Department of the Interior
Position Location: Aberdeen, SD
ASFMRA Job Listing (#33015)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: U.S. Forest Service – Department of Agriculture
Position Location: Golden, CO
ASFMRA Job Listing (#3192015)
Job Title: Senior Appraiser
Company: Edwards, Lien & Toso, Inc.
Position Location: Hilmar, Merced County, California
RESPONSIBILITY: Primary responsibilities include research, preparation and written presentation of credible appraisal reports for agricultural properties. High quality work product is a must. Appraisals may include all industry accepted approaches to value. Additional responsibilities include research and analysis of all market data used in the preparation and development of high quality appraisal reports, which includes, but is not limited to verification of provided and discovered data. Applicant must be a self‐starter, well organized, and capable of establishing and maintaining open communication, coordination and assistance throughout the appraisal process.
- BS/BA degree with preference to those with emphasis on agriculture. Successful applicant will have a good understanding of production agriculture.
- A Certified General Real Estate Appraiser license is required. No trainees please. A licensed applicant from outside California would be considered. Accredited Rural Appraiser (ARA) designation is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in preparing agricultural appraisals is preferred.
- Must be a self‐starter, with good analytical skills to evaluate, prioritize, and categorize data for valuation related activities of basic and complex agricultural properties.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word.
- Must have a good understanding of California agricultural. Individuals with industry participation are encouraged to apply.
GENERAL COMPANY DATA: ELT is one of the largest and most respected “fee shop” appraisal firms in the state of California. Our expertise, industry knowledge and property versatility finds us valuing agricultural properties from the Oregon Border to the Mexican border and from the Pacific Ocean to Nevada. If you would like to be part of a team widely recognized as a leader in the agricultural appraisal field, please forward your resume today.
FINAL FILING DATE: This is currently an open position. To be considered for this position, send cover letter and personal resume to Edwards, Lien & Toso, Inc., 8408 N. Lander Avenue, Hilmar, CA, 95324 or email at email@example.com. Please mark all correspondence “CONFIDENTIAL.” If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Randy Edwards at (209) 634‐9484.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#3162015)
Job Title: Director, Timber and Agricultural Review Appraiser
Position Location: New York, NY
For more information about TIAA-CREF, visit our website.
This position is flexible on location including working from a remote site.
TIAA-CREF is seeking an experienced and seasoned timber review appraiser to be part of our Appraisal team within Risk Management. Additional background and experience in agricultural valuation and agricultural appraisal review is preferred. This position is responsible for engagement, process management, and review of appraisals primarily related to timber and general agricultural properties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that timber and agricultural appraisal services are conducted in a regulatory complaint, cost effective, and timely manner.
- Review appraisal service requests for completeness.
- Maintain and manage a panel of qualified third-party timber appraisers.
- Solicit and collect bids for appraisal services from qualified timber fee appraisers.
- Engage timber fee appraisers to perform appraisal services as needed.
- Perform USPAP Standard 3 reviews of third-party and internal timber and agricultural appraisal reports
- Bachelors degree
- Forestry degree preferred
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in appraisal review of timber
- Expert knowledge of timber and agricultural appraisal theory and application.
- ARA designation and Certified General Appraisal license required.
- Individual must have an existing network in the industry and be able to plan, organize and manage with minimum supervision.
- Must have direct experience and knowledge of the timber industry, and fully understand the complex investment and valuation issues with this asset class.
- International experiences a plus.
- Real Property Review Appraiser (RPRA) designation from the American Society of Farm Mangers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA) a plus.
- High level of interaction with various stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Individual must have an existing network in the industry and be able to plan, organize and manage with minimum supervision. Must be a problem solver and have strong analytical skills and solid interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- May represent TIAA in conversations and presentations to outside investors in the fund, as well as ongoing discussions with third-party appraisers and internal and external auditors and accountants.
- A great deal of direct experience and sophisticated analytical skills relating to timber and agricultural valuation are an essential requirement of the position. The individual will be required to understand complex valuation issues and converse directly with appraisers and industry experts in the field.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#3132015)
Job Title: Certified General Agriculture Appraiser
Company: AgStar Financial Services, ACA
Position Location: Home office supported; travel required
Certified General Agriculture Appraiser needed to conduct ag real estate appraisals in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and/or the Texas Panhandle and adjacent region (including part of Oklahoma and New Mexico). Home office will be supported. Travel is required.
The primary purpose of this position is to conduct real estate appraisals. The individual will also collect and analyze real estate sales information to support appraisals and asset valuation. The individual will ensure appraisal costs are handled in the most cost effective manner, assuring cost competitiveness.
Successful candidates for this position will have: • a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business or related field; • minimum of 4 years agricultural appraisal experience or equivalent; agricultural background is preferred; • certified general appraisal license and is in good standing with all applicable states; • state and federal appraiser licenses; could probably take this out, since a current license would imply that applicant would hold a license in good standing • strong oral and written communication skills • advanced knowledge and understanding of and ability to apply general appraiser proficiencies; • knowledge of federal, state and local laws, market influences, and general trends affecting real estate values; applied agricultural economic theory, farm practices, soil types, irrigation, engineering and construction techniques, and maintenance costs associated with typical properties in area; • sound technical and computer background including experience in computerized appraisal reports, word processing, and spreadsheets; • a professional membership and/or designation in a nationally recognized professional appraisal organization that has adopted the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and is a member of Appraisal Foundation are preferred; • fulfills continuing education requirements to maintain good standing with local state requirements for certified general license.
Agri-Access has a national presence in serving agricultural, commercial and residential lending for rural America. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including: • Competitive base salary • Incentive opportunity • Health Insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.) • 401k (3% AgStar contribution & up to an additional 6% match) • Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays • Educational assistance • Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply on-line at www.agri-access.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#362015)
Job Title: Review Appraiser
Company: Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary of the Interior
Position Location: Portland, OR
ASFMRA Job Listing (#342015)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: Yosemite Farm Credit
Position Location: Merced/Stanislaus County, CA
ASFMRA Job Listing (#22415)
Job Title: Farm Manager
Company: Peoples Bank and Trust
Position Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
This position is responsible for Farm Management Duties, including but not limited to management, accounting and crop marketing. This position may also be required to assist with marketing other bank services.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide fiduciary support and expertise to meet the needs of clients in support of the integrated delivery of products and services;
Farm Management agency accounts: Responsible for all aspects of managing the client’s farm/s including but not limited to:
- Asset Evaluation (real estate)
- Lease Analysis
- Lease Negotiation – hiring an operator
- Approving bills
- Crop marketing
- Crop mapping
- Crop budgets
- Crop Insurance
- Onsite farm inspections on a scheduled basis.
Additional Responsibilities: Coordinate with bank retail and loan activities and assist where possible as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- College Degree &/or special on-the-job-experience;
- Ag realted background or related skills in Agronomy and Agricultural management.
- Proven leadership abilities;
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with existing customers as well as develop relationships with new customers;
- Basic computer skills required;
- Advanced computer skills helpful;
- Skilled in cultural diversity – must be able to work with wealthy, elderly, handicapped & all other diversified categories of clients;
- Self motivated.
Ability to work hours outside and in excess of normal business hours as required; Completion of any and all specialized training requirements which will demand time out of the office; Job will require travel and some overnight stay. This position will be located in our Hutchinson office.
Peoples Bank & Trust is a “Community Bank” we are a family owned bank and have been in the community since 1898. This is a fast growing Farm Management program. We offer a full benefit package. Visit our website at peoplesbankonline.com, trust & financial services, farm management to learn more about our Farm Management program. Please e-mail your biographical cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASFMRA Job Listing (#22315)
Job Title: Appraiser Services (Request for Quote)
Company: Corps of Engineers
Position Location: Washington, Oregon, Idaho or Montana.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#22015)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: Premier Farm Credit
Position Location: Sterling, CO
Job Description: The successful applicant will possess a Certified General Appraiser License in the State of Colorado with rural appraisal experience preferred (or ability to apply for reciprocal license if currently licensed in a different state) or be willing to train and work toward a Certified General License with the State of Colorado within the prescribed timeframe. Responsibilities include the inspection, reconciliation, and valuation of chattels on small and large agricultural operations; appraising real estate collateral pledged on loans; conducting outside fee appraisals; and maintaining a sales database. Knowledge of agricultural lending, appraisal, and real estate principles and practices including crop and livestock production would be helpful. Successful candidate should demonstrate proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines, with the ability to adapt within a changing environment. Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of employees and management is critical. Computer proficiency in Word and Excel, with the ability to quickly develop high competency in company appraisal systems is essential. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business administration, finance, banking, economics, or other related field required. Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply. Grade and salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package includes 401(k), medical, dental, life and vision. The position will be open until filled.
How to apply: Send your resume and application to: Phyllis Luft, at email@example.com or PO Box 1785, Sterling, CO 80751. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Post a Job
To post an Ag Career, simply email the position information, contact information, closing date, and any other special requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a closing date for the position is not included, position listings will remain on the site for 30 days.