These Ag Careers listings are not endorsed by the ASFMRA and should be fully investigated. The intent of this information is simply to introduce employers to potential candidates, and visa versa. ASFMRA staff reserves the right to accept, reject, and/or edit all listings that are submitted for placement in the Ag Careers Center section. Placement of Ag Career listings is usually complimentary.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#342015)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: Yosemite Farm Credit
Position Location: Merced/Stanislaus County, CA
ASFMRA Job Listing (#22415)
Job Title: Farm Manager
Company: Peoples Bank and Trust
Position Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
This position is responsible for Farm Management Duties, including but not limited to management, accounting and crop marketing. This position may also be required to assist with marketing other bank services.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide fiduciary support and expertise to meet the needs of clients in support of the integrated delivery of products and services;
Farm Management agency accounts: Responsible for all aspects of managing the client’s farm/s including but not limited to:
- Asset Evaluation (real estate)
- Lease Analysis
- Lease Negotiation – hiring an operator
- Approving bills
- Crop marketing
- Crop mapping
- Crop budgets
- Crop Insurance
- Onsite farm inspections on a scheduled basis.
Additional Responsibilities: Coordinate with bank retail and loan activities and assist where possible as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- College Degree &/or special on-the-job-experience;
- Ag realted background or related skills in Agronomy and Agricultural management.
- Proven leadership abilities;
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with existing customers as well as develop relationships with new customers;
- Basic computer skills required;
- Advanced computer skills helpful;
- Skilled in cultural diversity – must be able to work with wealthy, elderly, handicapped & all other diversified categories of clients;
- Self motivated.
Ability to work hours outside and in excess of normal business hours as required; Completion of any and all specialized training requirements which will demand time out of the office; Job will require travel and some overnight stay. This position will be located in our Hutchinson office.
Peoples Bank & Trust is a “Community Bank” we are a family owned bank and have been in the community since 1898. This is a fast growing Farm Management program. We offer a full benefit package. Visit our website at peoplesbankonline.com, trust & financial services, farm management to learn more about our Farm Management program. Please e-mail your biographical cover letter and resume to email@example.com
ASFMRA Job Listing (#22315)
Job Title: Appraiser Services (Request for Quote)
Company: Corps of Engineers
Position Location: Washington, Oregon, Idaho or Montana.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#22015)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: Premier Farm Credit
Position Location: Sterling, CO
Job Description: The successful applicant will possess a Certified General Appraiser License in the State of Colorado with rural appraisal experience preferred (or ability to apply for reciprocal license if currently licensed in a different state) or be willing to train and work toward a Certified General License with the State of Colorado within the prescribed timeframe. Responsibilities include the inspection, reconciliation, and valuation of chattels on small and large agricultural operations; appraising real estate collateral pledged on loans; conducting outside fee appraisals; and maintaining a sales database. Knowledge of agricultural lending, appraisal, and real estate principles and practices including crop and livestock production would be helpful. Successful candidate should demonstrate proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines, with the ability to adapt within a changing environment. Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of employees and management is critical. Computer proficiency in Word and Excel, with the ability to quickly develop high competency in company appraisal systems is essential. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business administration, finance, banking, economics, or other related field required. Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply. Grade and salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package includes 401(k), medical, dental, life and vision. The position will be open until filled.
How to apply: Send your resume and application to: Phyllis Luft, at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 1785, Sterling, CO 80751. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
ASFMRA Job Listing (#21815)
Job Title: Apprentice Appraiser
Company: Rocky Mountain Region (USFS) Recreation, Lands, and Minerals
Position Location: Golden, CO
ASFMRA Job Listing (#21715)
Job Title: Chief Appraiser
Company: State of Washington Department of Natural Resources
Position Location: Olympia, WA
Job Description: Download job description.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#02915)
Job Title: Farm Manager
Company: Martin, Goodrich & Waddell, Inc.
Position Location: Sycamore, IL
Job Description: Our rapidly growing farm management division is looking to add a full time Farm Manager.
Ag knowledge/background required. Must be a self-starter & self-motivated. Starting salary based on qualifications & experience. Benefits package included.
To Apply: Send resume to:Martin, Goodrich & Waddell, Inc. 2020 Aberdeen Court Sycamore, IL 60178 email@example.com Fax: 815-756-5929
Closing date: 03/09/2015
ASFMRA Job Listing (#02415)
Job Title: Collateral Analyst 1361
Company: Farm Credit Mid America
Position Location: Rushville, Indiana
At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Within the scope of delegated authority, conducts on-site appraisals and valuations of acquired properties and loan collateral (both real and chattel) including site inspections for environmental risks. Provides Farm Credit Mid-Americas’ Financial Services Officers and management adequate information to aid in their decision-making process. Develops and maintains comparable sales information.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 50%
1. Conducts on-site appraisals and valuations of loan collateral and acquired properties. Includes defining highest and best use, documenting area and property characteristics, identifying environmental risks, applying accepted valuation methods, supporting conclusions with written narrative, and documenting results in written appraisal reports.
2. Collects, investigate, document and maintain comparable sales information. Includes searching public records, verifying sale conditions, making property inspections, verifying financing terms, abstracting sale price, platting, and documenting results.
3. Analyzes comparable sales information to support land value trends, adjustment factors, depreciation rates, capitalization rates, and valuation methods. Communicates this information as required by association procedures.
4. Coordinates activities through the immediate supervisor to prioritize appraisal requests.
5. Conducts appraisal evaluation reviews and provides training as necessary in any area of deficiencies as noted.
6. Evaluates the impact of environmental risks. Includes, but is not limited to performing site inspections, owner interviews, and documenting findings in written appraisal reports.
7. Evaluates the impact of existing and proposed government programs regarding farming, taxes, zoning, and the environment on property valuations.
8. Represents and communicates the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business or related field. State license strongly preferred. Work-related or education-related agricultural, rural or agribusiness experience is required. Demonstrated satisfactory experience in sales research, documentation and analysis. Demonstrated satisfactory experience in residential and typical part time farm collateral evaluations.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#1142015)
Job Title: Agricultural Asset Manager
Company: Westchester Group Investment Management, Inc.
Position Location: Fresno, CA
Westchester Group Investment Management, Inc. (“Westchester”) is an agricultural asset management company majority-owned by Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America and the College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF). With over $550 billion in combined assets under management, TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services company and the leading retirement provider for people who work in the academic, research and medical fields. TIAA-CREF is also one of the largest institutional investors in agriculture, with investments in more than 400 farm properties in North America, South America, Australia and Eastern Europe.
As part of the expansion plans for its business, Westchester is seeking to hire an experienced, upwardly mobile Asset Manager for its Horticultural Crop division, operating out of Fresno, California. This position will report directly to the CEO of Horticultural Crops and will work with a team of professionals responsible for managing an existing permanent crop portfolio valued at several hundred million dollars located primarily in the Western US and for expanding the portfolio through the acquisition of additional farmland in the US and in selected areas around the globe.
The position requires a knowledge of the real estate transaction process, real estate appraisal, farm management, finance, financial modeling, negotiation, and research/report writing skills along with the ability to complete investment due diligence. Asset valuation, risk assessment, and the ability to identify and evaluate investment opportunities are all important aspects of this position.
The ideal candidate would have an MBA or comparable degree/certification and a background in finance and agricultural property management, with knowledge of a variety of permanent crops including almonds, pistachios, walnuts, citrus, avocados, grapes, apples, pears, and cherries.
If you have interest in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from interested parties who have a desire to become a part of a worldwide agricultural asset management team.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westchester is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guaranty of employment.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#122015)
Job Title: Director AgriFinance Mortgage Loan Production
Company: AEGON Asset Management
Position Location: Fresno, California
Company and Divisional Description:
This position will be with AEGON Asset Management, the organization which oversees asset management for many of Transamerica’s insurance and operating companies as well as third party clients. The global AEGON Asset Management organization has operations in Europe, the United States and Asia. Primary offices in the United States are located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Baltimore, Maryland. AEGON Asset Management and Transamerica are both part of the AEGON NV group of companies. The legal entities that comprise AEGON Asset Management US are AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC and AEGON USA Investment Management, LLC. AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC manages commercial real estate, commercial mortgage loans and other real estate related investments. AEGONUSA Investment Management, LLC, is a registered investment adviser that manages fixed income assets, including public bonds, private placements, derivatives and alternative investments.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Responsible for new loan origination, field servicing, underwriting and structure of agricultural real estate mortgage loan transactions in the Southern California territory, which would consist of Merced County and south. The loan officer will support the goals of the department, including loan volume and quality, in conjunction with the investor’s lending policies. Investment opportunities will be originated through existing borrowers and by prospecting for new loan applicants. The loan officer will be responsible for the complete structure of the transaction, completion and analysis of due diligence, and monitoring the transaction through loan approval and final closing; this will necessitate working with analysts, attorneys, loan closers and the servicing group. In addition to loan origination, the loan officer will be responsible for servicing actions, including monitoring and supporting collection of delinquent accounts. The Director supervises Assistant Directors/Analysts/Interns which includes development, mentoring and setting objectives for meeting department goals.
The Director will work out of the AEGON, Fresno, CA Office reporting to the Senior Director located in the Aegon Cedar Rapids, IA location
- Four year or higher degree in agricultural field with broad knowledge of agriculture in assigned market area
- Strong underwriting and analytical skills; with a background in basic accounting
- Knowledge of real estate markets and commodities produced in assigned territory
- Appraisal experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to negotiate and structure loan transactions secured by real estate
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Technical skills required; Excel and Word are required with ability to learn mapping tools, valuation package and other software necessary to succeed in this position
- In-depth knowledge and experience analyzing various California water districts and water rights.
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle suitable for use in this territory
To Apply: Email resume to Heidi Strohman email@example.com
ASFMRA Job Listing (#111314)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: Snyder Appraisal
Position Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Job Description: About Us
Snyder Appraisal has been providing appraisals for Agriculture, Conservation and Agribusiness since 2000. We have a reputation for thorough, comprehensive and understandable appraisals of specialty and unique properties. We seek out clients we like and take on interesting projects ranging from fishing access easements to large poultry house construction, from 20 acre Amish farms to 1000+ acre woodland tracts. Our geographic range includes the full breadth of Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. We pride ourselves on undertaking challenging projects. Our work environment is highly collaborative. We are committed to staying on the education forefront of appraisal issues. We are a small but growing business where every member of the team has an integral voice and contributes to our success.
The Appraiser is responsible for performing actions necessary to complete accurate appraisals of the value of real property of varied complexity for a broad range of property use. The Appraiser should be General Certified. Candidates with a designation are desirable, but not required.
- Conduct property inspections.
- Complete appraisals of real property by analyzing market data to determine value using cost, sales comparison and income approaches.
- Obtain general and specific property data allowing development of the report from defining the problem to Highest and Best Use.
- Research, confirm and analyze market sales and rental information.
- Determine, analyze and apply the appropriate valuation approaches.
- Develop the information in the appropriate report format.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations by providing ongoing communication, coordination and timely assistance throughout all assignments.
- Participate in various Appraisal related functions (ASFMRA chapter and national meetings, Land Trust meetings, etc.) Occasional travel is required.
Education and Experience
General background knowledge and understanding of agriculture State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License required. Pennsylvania, Maryland, and or Delaware license preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
To Apply Contact:Human Resources Snyder Appraisal Associates 3004 Hempland Road, Suite 3 Lancaster, PA 17601
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 03-31-2015
Post a Job
To post an Ag Career, simply email the position information, contact information, closing date, and any other special requirements to email@example.com. If a closing date for the position is not included, position listings will remain on the site for 30 days.