These Ag Careers listings are not endorsed by the ASFMRA and should be fully investigated. The intent of this information is simply to introduce employers to potential candidates, and visa versa. ASFMRA staff reserves the right to accept, reject, and/or edit all listings that are submitted for placement in the Ag Careers Center section. Placement of Ag Career listings is usually complimentary.
ASFMRA Job Listing (#72514)
Job Title: Appraiser
Company: American AgCredit
Position Location: Temecula, California
Since 1916, America AgCredit has been providing financial services the agriculture industry. At American AgCredit, working in farming and ranching isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life. The more you get to know us, the more you’ll begin to understand no one is more dedicated to agriculture and the values of the people who work in this industry than the people at American AgCredit. Come join our growing team where your best will be rewarded with appreciation and opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Appraiser is responsible for performing functions required to provide accurate appraisals of the value of real property and, in some cases, personal property of increased and varied complexity, involved in a Farm Credit lending or related transaction. The Appraiser undertakes appraisal assignments of a broadening range of property use-types. They have full appraisal signature authority having earned the California and/or Nevada Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License. Assignment responsibility and complexity are increased as the Appraiser’s appraisal skill level increases. Target billings are approximately 90 percent of the journeyperson level. The Appraiser has responsibilities connected with mentoring and peer-proofing work product of junior level staff. Job Code: 1 Appraisal Lic – E- Prof, Exempt.
- Conduct the initial subject property inspection.
- Conduct appraisals of real property by analyzing market data to determine value using cost, sales comparison, and income approaches. Conduct appraisals and/or inspections of personal property including growing crops as well as product and livestock inventory.
- Collect sufficient subject property specific and general data that allows the full development of the report from defining the problem through highest and best use. This includes a working knowledge of the land planning and entitlement process and economics of land in transition. Additionally, knowledge of the factors influencing value of special use property such as agro tourism and entertainment, processing, transportation and manufacturing i.e. packing, winery, cold storage are desired.
- Search, confirm, analyze and archive market sales and rent information. It may also include gathering real estate and chattel trend information.
- Determine, analyze and apply the appropriate valuation approaches.
- Report the information developed in the appropriate format.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations by providing ongoing communication, coordination, and timely assistance throughout the appraisal process and during any non-valuation assignment.
- Participate in branch and association representation at community and agricultural meetings and projects.
- Perform other non-valuation functions that may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in agricultural management, agricultural business, business administration, real estate or economics; or equivalent.
- California and / or Arizona Certified General Real Estate Appraiser license preferred.
- At least three years successful experience as an Appraiser.
- Successful completion of 300 hours of Appraisal Foundation (AQB) qualified educational course work is preferred.
- Knowledge of agriculture, agricultural lending, appraisal, and real estate principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to generate highly accurate work and make independent decisions.
- Must be proficient in organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional persuasive and interpersonal skills including the ability to work in highly collaborative teams.
- Proficient in the use of PC, including e-mail, word processing and electronic spreadsheet software.
Interested individuals should visit: American AgCredit Careers
ASFMRA Job Listing (#71514)
Job Title: Residential Real Estate Appraisal Evaluator
Company: BMO Financial Group
Position Location: Toronto, Canada
Job Description: The Residential Real Estate Evaluator is responsible for the review/audit of residential real estate appraisal reports, which are sourced via bank approved appraisal supplier firms, post lending decision. Within specific area of responsibility, using established selection criteria, this position ensures that completed residential appraisal reports comply with the professional standards of applicable regulating/governing bodies as well as Bank policy and further that valuations are conservative and appropriate for use in the adjudication of real estate secured retail mortgage loans. This position evaluates the performance and deliverables of vendor supplied appraisals/valuations against performance measures and Bank standards. The incumbent performs this role in a manner that is independent of both the origination and approval of the mortgage transaction.
Review/Audit Residential Real Estate Appraisals (80%):
- Demonstrate thoroughness, proficiency and timeliness in performing audits of residential real estate appraisals/evaluation.
- Identify and collaborate with valuation vendors to resolve valuation issues.
- Ensure all appraisals are sound, of good quality and that the Bank receives appraisal reports from appraisers that are in good standing Collaborate with Risk management colleagues as well as the Line of Business Must be able to effectively prioritize and manage workload Act in full compliance with Bank policy/guidelines/procedures and Regulations to protect the Bank’s assets.
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction, quality, consistency, timeliness, risk control and regulatory compliance.
- Respond to and decision all escalated issues raised by Relationship Managers, Underwriters, and other areas of the Bank regarding real estate valuations.
- Report on the quality of appraisers as well as the service quality provided by appraisal suppliers Identify adverse trends in real estate appraisals and recommend course of remediation Ensure all necessary documentation is completed for all real estate valuations performed.
- Responsible for escalating files to manager as appropriate according to departmental procedures.
Identify and Report Property and/or Transactional Risk (10%):
- Collaborate with Manager to identify potential credit risks relative to real estate valuations.
- Escalate based on predetermined procedures when it is determined that a valuation product will not support the transaction.
- Provide advice to line of business personnel in real estate valuation matters as needed.
- Responsible for knowledge of and adherence to the Bank’s current Consumer Real Estate Appraisal & Evaluation Policy and Oversight procedures Identify and report any significant potential risks in transactions secured by residential real estate collateral.
- Appraisal Service Provider Performance Management (10%):
- Assist in ongoing valuation of vendor performance management activities. Confer with peers and Manager to convey and understand concerns and discuss escalated issues with external valuation vendors.
- Recommend resolutions for valuations that do not meet Bank standards. Follow-up to ensure adequate resolution.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of approved and ineligible vendor/appraiser lists. Maintain required documentation on vendor performance management and status
Knowledge: Minimum 3-5 years of residential valuation, appraisal, assessment, real estate sales, underwriting with collateral review component, or related work experience Professionally designated to act in the capacity of a real estate appraiser In-depth knowledge of real estate principles and procedures Working knowledge of Bank products and the personal lending process Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills Strong analytical and problem solving skills Sound judgment and independent decision-making skills Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
Closing date: 08-16-2014
ASFMRA Job Listing (#71114)
Job Title: Certified Appraiser
Position Location: Johnston, IA
Job Description: Certified Ag Appraiser needed to conduct ag real estate appraisals in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. Home office will be supported. Travel required.
The primary purpose of this position is to conduct real estate appraisals, chattel appraisals, and market surveys. Incumbent will also collect real estate sales information to support appraisals and asset valuation. Ensures appraisal costs are handled in the most cost effective manner, assuring cost competitiveness as it applies to the loan origination process.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business or related field. Minimum 3 years appraisal experience required. Ag background preferred. Membership in a national appraisal organization preferred. Must have advanced understanding of general appraiser proficiencies and USPAP. Candidates in the process of being certified will also be considered. Sound computer skills required.
Agri-Access has a national presence in serving agricultural and commercial lending for rural America. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive opportunity
- Health Insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k with 9% company match
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply on-line at www.agstar.com/jobs.
Agri-Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date: 08-31-2014
ASFMRA Job Listing (#71014)
Job Title: Farm Operations Manager
Company: Navajo Mesa Farms
Position Location: Farmington, New Mexico
Navajo Mesa Farms, a successful agricultural operation, is seeking a full-time Farm Operations Manager to provide management, planning, control and leadership of large scale potato farm operations near Farmington, New Mexico.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of large scale potato production operation, including:
- Seed cutting & suberization
- Preparation tillage and planting
- Pesticide and fertilization application and monitoring
- Harvesting process
- Potato storage operations
- All functions within the warehouse and shipping operations
- All quality control functions
- Informal and formal reporting to senior management. An example would be an Annual Operating Plan which would include:
- Field selection
- Recommendations on equipment needs, variety/field assignment, storage needs, and staffing plans
- Chemical, fertilizer and irrigation plans
- Harvest coordination and management
- Storage and shipping strategy and plans
- Other topics as requested or needed
- Provide for effective and timely management of the custom applicators in the delivery of their services including coordination of the scheduling of and receiving of inputs
- Implement recommendations made by the General Manger, Agronomist, Partners and Consultants
- Communicate and coordinate with landlord’s Operations Managers in the areas of: Water Management, Equipment and Maintenance, Grounds and Buildings, Soil Lab, and Equipment Rental
- Meet the Annual Operating Plan budget cost objectives
- Assist in Research & Development of emerging technologies and test varieties
- Develop, train, and motivate employees to become potential future leaders in the organization
- Handle daily management and supervision of the field and warehouse crews
- Maintain excellent public relations with landlord, vendors, buyers and others
- Maintain a high public image for employees (i.e. be a positive role model)
- Other tasks as directed by the General Management, COO and Executive Management
The following knowledge, skills and experience will be helpful for the successful candidate:
- Ability to and demonstrated experience effectively managing large scale farming operations
- Strong business skills with the ability to execute the strategic plans of the organization
- Personnel leadership and management skills, including, recruiting, training and motivating employees
- Ability to foster and develop team work while effectively leading the team to accomplish the organizational objectives
- Strong agronomic and crop production experience, preferably with demonstrated skills in potato production, potato storage management and potato grading/shipping
- Knowledge of and skills in negotiation
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to all types of audiences
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Willingness and ability to travel
- The ability to speak Spanish and/or Navajo would be a plus
- Education and experience commensurate with the position requirements
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with education and experience.
Resumes should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Position closes when filled. If you have questions, please contact Rebecca Salisbury at 208-420-9076.
Closing date: 08-30-2014
ASFMRA Job Listing (#7814)
Job Title: Agricultural Underwriter
Company: AGRIfinancial Services
Position Location: Louisville, KY
Job Description: Analyze farm and ranch financial information, real estate appraisals and industry trends. Recommend credit actions.
- Analyze farm and ranch financial information, appraisals and industry trends and provide recommended credit actions.
- Manage workflow to ensure response (approve, decline, other contact) within three working days of receipt of information.
- When necessary, personally inspect farm and ranch operations to obtain key information as it relates to the management and asset quality.
- Maintains contact with various loan conduits in the industry.
- Processes and underwrites loans consistent with corporate standards, thorough verification and due diligence.
- Exhibits qualities consistent with company philosophies to insure exemplary levels of service to all parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Agricultural Underwriter Job Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Finance, Banking or related field
- 2+ years in Commercial / Agricultural Underwriting
AGRIfinancial Services (AFS), a division of CGB Enterprises, is a leading provider of capital to farmers across the United States. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, AFS provides loans and leases to help farmers own land, operate their farms and make improvements.
Offering Competitive Salary & Relocation / Sign-On Bonus. AGRIfinancial Services is your next Opportunity!
To Apply: Please click the following link to apply: http://bullhorn.personified.com/client/jobInfoApplicationRespMgmt.action?EntityID=13947&source=ASFMRA_Posting
Closing date: 08-13-2014
ASFMRA Job Listing (#61114)
Job Title: Director of Agricultural Services, Senior Real Estate Manager – Farm Manager
Company: Northern Trust
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Northern Trust in its capacity as Trustee and Executor holds a Portfolio of 60,000 acres of row crops and ranch land as well as significant timer holdings. Individual in this position is responsible for the direct and indirect management of agricultural assets held in trusts and estates as well as the sale or acquisition of such assets. Will work with internal partners, clients, attorney, co-trustees with respect to agricultural properties held in trusts and estates. Experience with or general understanding of fiduciary law principles ideal but not critical. Position requires experienced Farm Manager who is a self-starter and can work independently and also support partners across the organization with agricultural matters.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office
- Work with internal partners, clients, attorney, co-trustees with respect to agricultural properties held in trusts and estates
- Valid Driver’s License
- 10-20% Travel
- AFM Certification Preferred
- Direct management of agricultural properties
- Oversight of third party farm managers and foresters
- Working with real estate brokers and attorneys for sales and acquisitions
- Managing the sale process
- Managing the acquisition process including completion of any necessary due diligence
- Developing annual budgets
- Overseeing capital improvement projects
- Negotiating leases
- Confirming that properties are compliant with regulations
- Completing annual investment reviews and making recommendations as to retention or sale of asset
- Making presentations to internal partners as well as COIs, prospects and clients regarding services
- Mentoring and training junior partners with respect to agricultural services
- Excellent communication, presentation and client service skills required
- General understanding of fiduciary law principles ideal but not critical
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and also support partners across the organization with agricultural matters
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel 10-20%; Valid Driver’s License
- Educational background in Agricultural Science
- 10-15 years of farm management experience that includes row crops, livestock and ranching.
- Timber knowledge and experience is a plus though less critical
- Experience with or general understanding of fiduciary law principles ideal but not critical
- AFM Certification a strong plus
- Ability to travel 10-20%; Valid Driver’s License
Contact: Rochelle Simpson (312)444.3429 or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: August 31, 2014
Post a Job
To post an Ag Career, simply email the position information, contact information, closing date, and any other special requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a closing date for the position is not included, position listings will remain on the site for 30 days.