The American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers is proud of its premier status as the professional organization for property economic professionals who provide management, consultation, and valuation services, as well as real estate services on rural and agricultural assets. The land experts which hold membership in the ASFMRA work under a professional code of ethics, which includes continuing education requirements. You can rest assured that if you’re working with someone who is an accredited member of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, you are truly working with a competent land expert and ag professional who can assist you with all of the needs you have for your land asset.
The ASFMRA, founded in 1929, provides members with the resources, information, and leadership that enable them to provide valuable services to the agricultural community. The focus of the ASFMRA is providing education and networking opportunities for a professional group of members providing farm and ranch management, rural and real property appraising, review appraisal, and agricultural consulting services to the private and public sectors and to the governmental and lending communities.
The ASFMRA does provide members with the resources, information, and leadership that enable them to provide valuable services to the agricultural community.
The ASFMRA strives to:
- Protect and promote the interest of members before government, regulatory bodies, and other organizations,
- Enhance member opportunities for professional development and interaction with peers through meetings, publications, and educational offerings.
- Improve ethics, standards, and quality of service offered by members,
- Promote awareness and confidence in the integrity, objectivity, competence, and professionalism of the ASFMRA’s Accreditation program, and
- Recruit and maintain a highly qualified, professional membership.
Membership Service Programs Include:
- Networking through Online Communities, Meetings and Leadership Opportunities
- Electronic and Print Publications, Newsletters, Journals, Directories, Education Catalogs, and Educational Materials
- Online and Classroom Education and Continuing Education Programs for Farm Management, Rural Appraisal and Consulting
- Accreditation Programs for Farm Managers (Accredited Farm Manager, AFM); Rural Appraisers (Accredited Rural Appraisers, ARA and Real Property Review Appraisers, RPRA); and agricultural consultants (Accredited Agricultural Consultants, AAC).
- A Solid Voice in Government Issues with a Representative in Washington, DC
- Many Member Benefits from Insurance and Office Supply Discounts to LandOwner Newsletter, and LandsofAmerican.com discounts.