7:00am PT | 8:00am MT | 9:00am CT | 10:00am ET
Live Streaming Broadcast Requirements
In order to attend this live streaming broadcast, ensure you have access to:
Note: A Zoom Meetings invitation and digital course materials will be sent to all registrants prior to the event. If you have not received your Zoom Registration link and materials 24 hours prior to the event, please contact us.
This course is needed for attainment of the Accredited Agricultural Consultant (AAC) designation and provides the student with additional knowledge in regards to consulting theory, analytical methods, data gathering and the utilization of technology. Students will also be exposed to the best way to design, deliver and evaluate a consulting solution. More importantly, students will gain a true understanding on how to sell a consulting engagement, negotiate the scope and depth of the project and the student will be introduced to the proper method of writing a consulting report.
Class I – Advanced Consulting Theory
- Creative team building/group introduction
- Identify the role of the consultant
- How to identify the client's goals
- How to identify stakeholders
- Learn how to manage consulting projects, using advanced project management techniques, as well as consulting project management models
Class II – Analytical Methods and Theories of Consulting
- Learn to use the SWOT Analysis
- Learn to use Porter's Five Force method of evaluation
- Learn how to us other analysis tools
- Introduction to other templates, checklists and other resources
- Case Studies
Class III – Fundamentals of Data Gathering
- Why does the consultant gather data
- How does the consultant gather data?
- Gathering data to fulfill deliverables
- Introduction to Tools to gather data
- Identifying questions you need to ask (scope)
- Utilizing open-end questions
- Fact finder (capturing information)
- Who (stakeholders) do you interview?
Class IV – Advanced Concepts in Technology for the Consultant
- How to utilize the technology as a consultant
- Other technological tools available to the agricultural consultant
- How to make your presentations looks better
Class V – Designing, Delivering and Evaluating the Consulting Solution
- Does there need to be a review of the scope and of the data?
- Setting strategies, goals and targets
- How to present a solution that will be accepted, gain buy-in
- Providing ROI for changes made
- Maintaining the consulting solution (quality control)
- Describing the problem, determining most important factors that contribute to the problem, visualizing what success looks like and creating actions to lead to success.
Class VI – Negotiating the Consulting Engagement
- Identify the scope of the project
- Fact finding that leads to the appropriate scope
- Determine the most appropriate and relevant issues
- Outlining the deliverables
- In depth review of the various theories of negotiation
- Writing the consulting agreement
- Relevant role playing to enable practicing
Class VII – Selling the Consulting Process
- Selling cycle
- The participants strengths and weaknesses, enabling them to focus their business to target markets, as well as identify areas to improve
- Marketing plan
- What is their personality type?
- What are the characteristics of each personality type?
- What are the physical needs of each personality type?
- What are the emotional needs of each personality type?
- How to work with each personality type
- Body language analysis
- Study of body language and the connection to negotiation
- Written and oral, emails and text messages, frequency of communication, mode of communication, etc.
Contact Hours: 24 hours
Accreditation: This course is required for the AAC
For More Information
Registration: Deanna Ilk | 303-692-1222 | email@example.com
Accreditation: Michelle Guszak | 303-692-1225 | firstname.lastname@example.org