Overcoming Challenges Appraising Mixed-Use Property
Matt Speer is a busy commercial and ag appraiser in the Kansas City metro who has appraised many different types of property. Throughout the most recent construction cycle, mixed use development has been a popular trend. We have all seen it, the multi-story building with first floor commercial space and apartments above. Appraising mixed-use property can be a challenge. There never used to be an easy way track these properties. Most appraisal software is not designed with mixed use properties in mind. So, it was hard to value this types of commercial real estate.
Join Matt Speer for a live discussion on ways to address the unique challenges of mixed-use property appraisal.
In this webinar, attendees will learn:
- Tracking mixed-use property in a database
- Setting up the different components of a property within the appraisal, tracking improvements by use and the relevant data for each.
- Valuation of mixed-use property
- Sales comparison approach for mixed-use
- Income approach for mixed-use
- Putting it all together in an appraisal report
As with every realquantum webinar, this will be a live and interactive discussion where participants are encouraged to ask questions, offer personal insights and generally make it a smart way to spend an hour.